The United Benefice of Withington, Sevenhampton with Charlton Abbots, Hawling, Whittington, Dowdeswell and Andoversford, Shipton and Cold Salperton
St Edward's Church, Hawling
St Edward’s Church dates from Norman times although few traces of the original Norman fabric now remain. The tower was added in the 14th or 15th century and what we see today is largely the result of rebuilding in 1764 and further restoration in 1873.
around 900 years, a church on this site has been providing the
community of Hawling with a place of Christian worship and witness. Throughout
this time, people have come together here to celebrate the great
Christian festivals, to share times of joy and sadness at baptisms,
marriages and funerals, and to meet for regular prayer and worship.
This worship and witness continues today, in close partnership with Hawling Methodist Chapel at the opposite end of the village.